2008 Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- Aproved Minutes Dec 29, 2008
- Approved Minutes Dec 22, 2008
- Approved Minutes Dec 17, 2008
- Approved Minutes Dec 10, 2008
- Approved Minutes Dec 8, 2008
- Approved Minutes Dec 3, 2008
- Approved Minutes Nov 19, 2008
- Approved Minutes Nov 5, 2008
- Approved Minutes Oct 29, 2008
- Approved Minutes Oct 15, 2008
- Approved Minutes Oct 1, 2008
- Approved Minutes Sep 17, 2008
- Approved Minutes Sep 3, 2008
- Approved Minutes Cistern Meeting Aug 21, 2008
- Approved Notes from Joint SAU84 & School Board Meeting Aug 18, 2008
- Approved Minutes Aug 14, 2008
- Approved Minutes Aug 6, 2008
- Approved Minutes Aug 1, 2008
- Approved Minutes Jul 2, 2008
- Approved Minutes Jun 30, 2008
- Approved Minutes Jun 4, 2008
- Approved Minutes BOS Work Session Jun 3, 2008
- Approved Minutes May 21, 2008
- Approved Minutes May 7, 2008
- Approved Minutes Apr 23, 2008
- Approved Minutes Apr 16, 2008
- Approved Minutes Apr 10, 2008
- Approved Minutes Apr 2, 2008
- Approved Minutes BOS Work Session Mar 28, 2008
- Approved BOS Minutes Mar 19, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Feb 20, 2008
- Approved BOS Meeting Minutes Feb 20, 2008
- Aproved Work Session Minutes Feb 8, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Feb 4, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Jan 25, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Jan 22, 2008
- Approved BOS Minutes Jan 16, 2008
- Budget Hearing Minutes Jan 15, 2008
- Bond Hearing Minutes Jan 10, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Jan 10, 2008
- Approved Work Session Minutes Jan 9, 2008
- Approved BOS Meeting Minutes Jan 2, 2008
Board of Selectmen
Approved Minutes Aug 1, 2008
Town of Littleton
Board of Selectmen Meeting
August 1, 2008
Community Center, Heald Room
Present: Chairman Eddy Moore, Vice Chairman Bill Latulip, Selectman Ed Boynton, Town Manager Chuck Connell, Executive Secretary Ceil Stubbings.
Others present: Bob O'Conner Channel 2, Sherri Latulip, Art Tighe, Ron Bolt, Rod & Donna Trahan, Robert Blechl reporter for the Caledonian-Record, Louise Smith, Mary Edick, Chief Paul Smith, Art McGrath reporter for the Courier, Mike Doucette, Chad Stearns, Stephen Samaha, attorney to the Trahan's, John Hall
Chairman Eddy Moore called the meeting to order at 4:05 PM.
Chairman Moore advised those present the meeting was being held to act upon the new police station on West Main Street. Chairman Moore stated the first hand of business is to receive the deed to the gifted property.
Stephen Samaha asked Chairman Moore to verify that the road to the new lot has been named Boynton Lane. Chairman Moore advised the road name was correct. Stephen Samaha stated that his office has been working with the Town's attorney to prepare two deeds. The first deed is for the track of land that is being gifted. The deed refers to the boundary line of adjustment. Stephen advised the Board the plan has to be filed and recorded with the deed. Selectman Ed Boynton placed the motion to accept the deed. Vice Chairman Bill Latulip seconded the motion. Motion passed 3-0.
Selectmen Ed Boynton then placed the motion to accept the building committee's recommendation to build the police station as depicted on the plan dated July 17, 2008 and entitled "Town of Littleton Police Department, West Main Street," prepared by Horizons Engineering, LLC and stamped and sealed by Michael Norman. Ed move to accept the recommendation from the police facility study committee. Vice Chairman Bill Latulip seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
Chairman Eddy Moore asked Mr. Samaha to pass over the easement deeds at this time. Mr. Samaha advised the deed is for the easements and attached is a copy from Horizon Engineering. Town Manager Chuck Connell asked Chairman Moore if he could interject at this time. Chuck explained the plan was reprinted on July 30th. Chuck advised the Board they need to be made aware of a concern regarding the 50-foot easement. Chuck advised that as Attorney Samaha and the Town Attorney prepared the deeds there were concerns raised regarding the 50 feet easement and the ROW to the Police Department. Chuck advised that the ROW would be extinguished when it becomes a public road. Chuck advised that Town Council spoke with John Hall yesterday and John agreed to modify the language. Attorney Stephen Samaha stated the easement deed is given in the same spirit as the parcel of land because they feel it would work for the town. Selectman Ed Boynton made the motion to accept the easement deeds. Vice Chairman Bill Latulip seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
Selectman Ed Boynton made the motion to issue a "Notice to Proceed" to Bonnett, Page and Stone, contingent on the Town receiving all easements necessary to construct the Police Station with execution of the "Notice to Proceed" to occur after the receipt of the easement deeds. Vice Chairman Bill Latulip seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
Attorney Samaha advised that through talking with the Town's Attorney, he was asked if they could provide the title insurance. Attorney Samaha said they have to obtain a partial release from the bank. He then asked the Board if they would like him to take care of everything. The Board agreed it would to let Attorney Samaha deal with it.
Chairman Moore thanked everyone for coming and their participation. Chairman Moore stated that he hopes they can now get started. Chairman Moore said there would be an official Thank You at a later date. Selectman Ed Boynton placed the motion to adjourn. Vice Chairman Bill Latulip seconded the motion. The motion to adjourn passed 3.0.
The meeting adjourned at 4:16 PM.
Littleton has functioned as a Board of Selectmen/Town Manager form of government since 1976.
The Littleton Board of Selectmen meets the 2nd Monday and the 4th Monday of each month at 5:00 PM at the Littleton Community House - Heald Room.
If you would like to be put on the agenda for an upcoming Selectmen's meeting, please contact Ceil Stubbings. Please be prepared with all information needed for the Selectmen to make a decision no later than the Friday before the Selectmen's meeting
G. Michael Gilman, Chairman
Milton T. Bratz, Vice Chairman
Marghie M. Seymour, Selectman
Selectmen's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Secretary for the Board of Selectmen
125 Main Street
Littleton, NH 03561
View Minutes by Year
The Town of Littleton prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. The Town of Littleton is an equal opportunity employer.