2011 Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- Work Session Minutes Dec 20, 2011
- Approved Minutes Dec 12, 2011
- Approved Minutes Nov 28, 2011
- Approved Meeting Minutes Nov 14, 2011
- Approved Minutes Nov 2, 2011
- Approved Minutes Oct 24, 2011
- Work Session Minutes Oct 17, 2011
- Draft Minutes Oct 11, 2011
- Work Session Minutes Oct 11, 2011
- Work Session Minutes Oct 4, 2011
- Approved Minutes Sep 26, 2011
- Approved Minutes Sep 12, 2011
- Approved Minutes Aug 22, 2011
- Approved Minutes Aug 15, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jul 27, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jul 25, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jun 27, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jun 13, 2011
- Approved Minutes Special Nonpublic Session Jun 7, 2011
- Approved Minutes May 23, 2011
- Approved Minutes May 13, 2011
- Approved Minutes May 9, 2011
- Approved Minutes Apr 25, 2011
- Approved Minutes Apr 11, 2011
- Approved Minutes Apr 6, 2011
- Approved Minutes Mar 16, 2011
- Approved Special Meeting Minutes Mar 14, 2011
- Approved Minutes of Press Release Mar 9, 2011
- Approved Not Sealed Nonpublic Minutes Mar 9, 2011
- Approved Minutes Mar 2, 2011
- CDBG Public Hearing Minutes Mar 2, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 24, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 16, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 14, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 10, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 8, 2011
- Board of Assessors Minutes Feb 4, 2011
- Special Meeting Approved Minutes Feb 3, 2011
- Approved Minutes Feb 3, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jan 28, 2011
- Approved Meeting Minutes Jan 26, 2011
- Board of Assessors Minutes Jan 18, 2011
- Bond & Budget Hearing Minutes Jan 13, 2011
- Board of Assessors Minutes Jan 5, 2011
- Approved Minutes Jan 5, 2011
Board of Selectmen
Special Meeting Approved Minutes Feb 3, 2011
TOWN OF LITTLETON
SPECIAL BOARD OF SELECTMEN’S MEETING
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2011
COMMUNITY CENTER HEALD ROOM
Present: Town Manager Chuck Connell, Chairman Ron Bolt, Selectman Marghie Seymour, Executive Secretary Ceil Stubbings
Others Present: Bruce Hadlock, Eddy Moore, Karen Noyes (Town Finance Manager), Bill Latulip, Art Tighe, Jerry Lesage, Linda MacNeil
Bolt called the meeting to order at 3:11 PM
Bolt advised the purpose of the meeting was to prepare Deliberative Session. He suggested they go through the warrant and identify who would present the articles. There are four zoning and planning ordinances, which will be presented by the Planning Board. Article 6 is for the Littleton Water & Light Project and will be presented by them. Article 7 is the CIP and will be presented by Jim Daly. Bolt asked who would be doing the articles regarding new ordinances 8,9,10 and 11. Connell said he would present them but the fire and police chief would be on hand to answer any questions. Articles 12,13 and 14 are all leases and will be presented by Connell. Connell will also present article 15. Bolt said he would take the lead on Article 16 for the Town Budget. The budget reflects the economic situation the Town is in. During his presentation he would mention other factors and recommendations made by the Budget Committee. Operating expenses and debt service are out of control right now. In addition a slide show will be presented. Bolt said he would talk about how they computed the tax rate. Then he would turn it over to Connell. Connell said his presentation would be an improved version of what he presented at the Budget & Bond Hearing.
Seymour asked if the slides would be of a better quality then what was presented at the Budget & Bond Hearing. Connell said he had been working on the slide show and believes he has been able to expand the size of the slides. Bolt asked Connell if there were any estimates on how many voters would be attending. Connell said they would need at least 250 and at most 300 in handouts. Bolt referred to the slide show pages several corrections that had to be made.
Articles 17and 18 would be presented by Connell and are for the Town Officer Server and Work Stations and the new Emergency Generator at the Fire Station.
Seymour would present articles 19 and 20 for the Transfer Station.
Connell would present article 21 for the Conservation Commission’s Unexpended Funds.
Article 22 is for the Chamber of Commerce Fireworks and he presumes someone from the Chamber would present.
The petitioners would present article 23 Regarding selling buildings and or land. Bolt said he would have a few words to say regarding this article.
Article 24 is the elimination of the Captains position in the Police Department. Connell said there was a problem with the article because the words new position was inadvertently left out. Connell said he would defer to town council but there could be an amendment by the petitioners. Connell said it was Bolt said it was an unfortunate oversight. Bolt said they should say there was a mistake in the transcription and say we would offer to put the two words in.
Bolt said he assumed whoever submitted articles 25 and 26 would speak to them.
The social service articles will be gone through one by one if time permits. Hopefully someone would be there to speak to them. The final article was a late admission. Article 37 is regarding the Northern Pass Project would be presented by Seymour. Bolt said there has been some late breaking news that has done away with the (to see) articles. At the deliberative session it will no longer be allowed to negate the meaning of an article to reduce any article to say only (to see). There are other ways to amend an article.
Eddy Moore said the Board of Selectmen seems to be opposed to the whole Northern Pass Project in Article 37. Seymour said it was suggested we should allow people to vote on how they feel about it. She wrote the article as opposed as presented. Bolt said that after the deliberative session there would be a presentation on the project. Bruce Hadlock said they would have to hold a hearing anyway. Bruce said it did not seem like a proper way to address the issue. Seymour said they would like to know how people are feeling about it and the article is nonbinding. Art Tighe said he did not understand it and he does not thing it is fair to ask him to vote on something he does not understand. Seymour said the second part of the article says to have NCC to make a comprehensive analysis of the project. Seymour said the article was written on short notice. Hadlock said the Northern Pass should pay the NCC for the study. Seymour moved to adjourn. Bolt seconded the motion. Motion passed 2-0. Meeting adjourned at 3:55 PM.
Littleton has functioned as a Board of Selectmen/Town Manager form of government since 1976.
The Littleton Board of Selectmen meets the 2nd Monday and the 4th Monday of each month at 5:00 PM at the Littleton Community House - Heald Room.
If you would like to be put on the agenda for an upcoming Selectmen's meeting, please contact Ceil Stubbings. Please be prepared with all information needed for the Selectmen to make a decision no later than the Friday before the Selectmen's meeting
G. Michael Gilman, Chairman
Milton T. Bratz, Vice Chairman
Marghie M. Seymour, Selectman
Selectmen's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Secretary for the Board of Selectmen
125 Main Street
Littleton, NH 03561
View Minutes by Year
The Town of Littleton prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. The Town of Littleton is an equal opportunity employer.