Serving Our Community With Pride and Care
Our highly-trained company of firefighters focuses on fire prevention and suppression for the safety and well-being of Littleton.
Yielding to Emergency Vehicles
Remember these points:
- If you are driving and see an approaching emergency vehicle, pull over to the side of the road as quickly, but as safely, as possible.
- Use you your turn signal, slow down and pull as far right as possible.
- When the emergency vehicle passes, put your left turn signal on and pull back into traffic. Don’t rush to pull back into traffic. It is better to be safe than to keep your place in the flow of traffic.
- When yielding to emergency vehicles, do not pull over and keep your speed at or near the speed limit. This causes the emergency vehicle to take longer to pass you. Also, breakdown lanes or the non-traveled portion of the road are usually strewn with rocks, dust and debris; the faster a vehicle goes, the more dust and debris gets kicked up leading to poor visibility and possible damage.
- If an emergency vehicle approaches on a curve or hill, do not stop in the curve or hill. At a normal speed, get beyond this area to a flat or straight stretch of the road.
In addition to fire prevention education, we provide CPR and First Aid training for the public, health care providers, and businesses. For more information, please e-mail [email protected] or call (603) 444-2137.
Heating Season is Upon us
Please remember to have your heating systems cleaned and inspected by a licensed heating expert.