History of Littleton's Firefighters
Originally known as Eureka Hose Co. #1
Research by Alex Smith
In 1982, the Littleton Fire Department was considered to be one of the best-equipped small town fire fighting organizations in the state. Its eight pieces of equipment included (see picture to match apparatus) a 1931 American LaFrance pumper, a 1947 American LaFrance Ladder truck, a 1953 Dodge Maxim pumper, a 1964 American LaFrance pumper, a 1969 Jeep pickup, a 1971 Dodge tanker, a 1972 Chevrolet tanker, and a GMC pumper. The department was staffed by seven full-time men (including the chief) and had a total of twenty-six on call firemen.